Subject: Re: wscons Sun emulation.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/2000 21:44:30
On 3 Oct 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

> So, the reason why WSEMUL_SUN exists is because, basically, I couldn't
> find my VT220 command reference booklet and sun was always nice enough
> to document their terminal escapes in a manual page, and VT220 is
> harder anyway since it does more stuff.  8-)

..while on the topic of terminals and SPARCs etc., I understand
that the pcons(?) driver for NetBSD/SPARC is basically a frontend
for the PROM console-driver? I am very right now in need of writing
a console-driver for UltraSPARC-1, and well if there is a PROM
interface I can use and the NetBSD sources will help me figure it
out it would be great. Is it correct that the PROM in SPARCs have a
interface for its internal terminal-driver that I can use in
"applications" (e.g. a kernel)?

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali