Subject: wscons Sun emulation.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/2000 03:27:01
Out of curiosity, what features does one gain from the Sun emulation
option with wscons?  (I am ignorant of what a real Sun console is
like.)  If I'm using an i386 machine, would there be any benefits (or any
changes at all) if I had asked for WSEMUL_SUN in my kernel?

My assumption is that the option exists as a major alternative to
accomodate various physical local consoles.  However, the man page
(wscons(4)) isn't terribly explicit.  Given a suitable termcap entry, how
much of a difference does WSEMUL_SUN make w.r.t. WSEMUL_VT100?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu