Subject: RE: netperf-2.1pl3 with NetBSD-1.3.2
To: Manuel Bouyer <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ishtiaq Ahmed <ishtiaq@ais.sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/2000 11:23:14
On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 02:08:07PM +0900, Ishtiaq Ahmed wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 05:44:28PM +0900, Ishtiaq Ahmed wrote:
> > Continued from my previous mail.
> >
> > I tried to transfer a file from a pc using ftp, I got the error on the
> same
> > machine as
> > kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> > stopped at 0*1000: addb $0, 0*b0000b01(%esi)
> > and enters db> mode again.
> > What should I do?
>
> You have a hardware problem. Check memory, cache, cpu, fans, etc ...
>
> Let me explain the hardware and s/w being  installed.
> This PC has two h/disks wdo and wd1. wd1 is NetBSD-1.3.2 is newly attached
> and wd0 previous one has Windows 98 and FreeBSD installed and working
fine.
> I installed SACK version of PSC Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center which is
> successfully Installed. But Problems started then. Today, without login I
> got the following error.
> PIXY(machine name) sendmail[1194]:NOQUEUE:SYSERR(root):hash map
> "Alias0":unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
> panic:sbflush 2
> stopped at _Debugger +0*4: leave
> db>
> Any clue?

No, sorry. This one, like the others, points to some kind of random memory
corruption.

BTW, what is SACK ?

SACK is Selective Acknowledgement , a modified algorithm of Reno' TCP, which
is largely experimented with TCP/IP over ATM.For details u can visit
http://www.psc.edu/networking/all_sack.html#experimental
Thanks for ur time.