Subject: Re: qlogic 2200?
To: Eric Lowe <elowe@myrile.madriver.k12.oh.us>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2000 15:09:31
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Eric Lowe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > I noticed that the 2100 is supported... how about the 2200? Is it vastly
> > different from the 2100?  Any quirks in general with fibrechannel under
> > NetBSD?
> >

> The 2200 is not a whole lot different, it supports point-to-point
> and IP, but otherwise it takes the same commands as the 2100 and just
> needs a different firmware to initialize.  I don't know if the 2200
> works in NetBSD yet, I haven't tried it myself.  If it doesn't work,
> let me know and I'll see if I can get it working.

Groovy.  I am just in the exploratory stage so far, so I don't yet have
hardware in hand.  I just keep seeing 2200s around, but no 2100s
(i.e. eBay and such have lots of used/new 2200s, but only 1 or 2
2100s...)

I may grab a 2200 to try it out, anyway...

Thanks for the info.

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"