Subject: netperf-2.1pl3 with NetBSD-1.3.2
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ishtiaq Ahmed <ishtiaq@ais.sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2000 17:21:31
First, I mailed this e-mail to netperf mailing list and got the reply at the
end.
I used netperf-2.1 with FreeBSD-3.2 without any problem.
 Now I installed netperf-2.1pl3 on a NetBSD-1.3.2 and I did not compiled my
 kernel after installing the bits according to my previous knowledge of its
 installation. No error during installation. But I am getting an error while
 running netperf.The error states that
 vm_fault(0*f0a7880, 0, 3, 0) --> 1
 kernel: page fault trap, code=0
 Stopped at 0*1000:addb $0*1, 0*b01(%esi)
and then command line enters into db> mode.
 I am a newbie to Unix. Please let me how I can fix this problem.

A normal user-level application (like Netperf) should not be able to
make the operating system crash. I'm afraid this is a NetBSD problem,
and you need to ask the NetBSD folks about it.