Subject: Re: compiling yudit 1.5
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2000 13:35:49
Manuel Bouyer wrote
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 10:49:23PM +0300, antti autio wrote:
> > hello, world.
> > i am a bsd newbie (migrated from linux some time ago) from finland
> > trying to compile the unicode editor yudit (available from
> > http://yudit.org/downloads/yudit-1.5.tar.gz) on netbsd/i386 1.4.2.
> >
> > the compile fails with something that looks like a problem
> > with flex:
> >
> > c++ -o uniconv uniconv.o -L../src -L../lib  -lnunic
> > UParseLex.cpp:2587: Undefined symbol `_yy_flex_realloc' referenced from text segment
> > UParseLex.cpp:2852: Undefined symbol `_yy_flex_alloc' referenced from text segment
> > UParseLex.cpp:2861: Undefined symbol `_yy_flex_alloc' referenced from text segment
> > UParseLex.cpp:2882: Undefined symbol `_yy_flex_free' referenced from text segment
> > UParseLex.cpp:2884: Undefined symbol `_yy_flex_free' referenced from text segment
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > gmake[1]: *** [uniconv] Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/yudit-1.5/uniconv'
> > gmake: *** [all] Error 1
> >
> > any ideas how to proceed from here...? my configuration options
> > for yudit are as follows:
> >
> > # This directory was configured as follows,
> > # on host sushi:
> > #
> > # ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local --with-freetype-libs=/usr/pkg/lib --with-freetype-includes=/usr/pkg/include
> >
> > a nearby box running openbsd/i386 seems to compile it ok. a freebsd
> > package also seems to be available which i haven't tried yet but
> > i would prefer being able to compile it on my home system of course :)
>
> If there is a package for FreeBSD then there should be port source available.
> You could look at it and see if there's some patches available here.
> You could also look for #defines that could be different on NetBSD and
> OpenBSD

If you're running NetBSD-1.4.2 then you need to install the flex
utility from the packages collection. By memory, you may have to
comment out the line that prevents flex being built on i386 platforms
in the pkgsrc Makefile. On sucessful completion of building flex, move
mv /usr/bin/flex to /usr/bin/flex.orig and install the flex package.

Alternatively, install NetBSD-current which has this problem fixed.

yudit compiles fine on NetBSD-i386-1.5Alpha2

I will have look this weekend and see if I can make it a new
package...

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes