Subject: bad system call in Linux version of Realplayer7 (i386)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/2000 09:57:34
I've been trying to run Realplayer7, which I've attempted to install
via the package system (pkgsrc/audio/realplayer7), and have run into a
"bad system call" and a core dump every time it begins to attempt to
play a realaudio file.

I'm running NetBSD 1.4.2 (could that be the problem?) and am running a
kernel compiled with COMPAT_LINUX defined.

I've tried running gdb on the core file, but I don't really know what
I'm doing. Maybe this stuff will mean something to you:

%gdb work/RealPlayer7/realplay realplay.core
GNU gdb 4.17
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.  Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  There
is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `realplay'.
Program terminated with signal 12, Bad system call.
#0  0x48347fbe in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x48347fbe in ?? ()
#1  0x48157afd in ?? ()
#2  0x48157c2e in ?? ()
#3  0x4857fab3 in ?? ()
#4  0x4857eb64 in ?? ()
#5  0x485c0d33 in ?? ()
#6  0x485c0ca5 in ?? ()
#7  0x4851301a in ?? ()
#8  0x483face1 in ?? ()
#9  0x8122ebe in CRealPlayerApp::MainLoop ()
#10 0x8121ae0 in main ()
(gdb)

Thanks for any help or information.

-Zach Fine