Subject: Re: 1.4.2 pkgsrc hates my guts.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2000 08:12:44
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> uni:127# make ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=shareware
> ===>  xv-3.10apl1 Unacceptable license: shareware.
>         To build this package, add this line to your /etc/mk.conf:
>         ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=shareware

BSD makefile constructs aren't available on the command line. If you
don't want to do what the message says, try

make ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES=shareware
                        ^

even better, preset ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES in your environment. With
Bourne shells:

ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES=shareware make

or with any shell

env ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES=shareware make

Setting something on the command line overrides all the += in the *.mk
files, so it's usually bad, but in this particular case it may not matter.

> I also tried -current pkgsrc, but that gave a similar error, only the name
> of the target was "install-build-depends" I believe...

You _should_ use -current pkgsrc with 1.4.2, unless you're doing an
audit, or historical research. The pkg system may tell you to update
your pkgtools package, but except for that it should work just fine. I
do about half of my pkgsrc work on a 1.4.3 setup.

> Or does pkgsrc need to be told when it has been extracted somewhere other
> than /usr ?? I have it on a partition called "/data".

No. Mine lives on /s. The lines

.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

do the thing no matter where "pkgsrc" is. There is no hard-coded
"/usr/pkgsrc" anywhere in pkgsrc. If there were, and I think there is
not, you could make /usr/pkgsrc a soft link to the real sources. I
have that, for other reasons, so I can't say with certainty that it's
not needed. If that makes a difference, it's a bug.

Frederick