Subject: 1.4.2 pkgsrc hates my guts.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2000 03:21:40
While upgrading my desktop machine to 1.4.2 I have been getting hammered by
pkgsrc not wanting to work for some packages.

Example: xv.

uni:127# make ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=shareware
===>  xv-3.10apl1 Unacceptable license: shareware.
        To build this package, add this line to your /etc/mk.conf:
        ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=shareware
>> Checksum OK for xv-3.10a.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for xv310a-magpic2-PhotoCD-patch.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for xv-3.10a.JPEG-patch.
>> Checksum OK for xv-3.10a.TIFF-patch.
===>  Extracting for xv-3.10apl1
make: don't know how to make build-depends. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I also tried -current pkgsrc, but that gave a similar error, only the name
of the target was "install-build-depends" I believe...

Help... This is all on a freshly installed system with basic network setup
and a single user account... I can't imagine what I am failing to do here...

Or does pkgsrc need to be told when it has been extracted somewhere other
than /usr ?? I have it on a partition called "/data".

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com