Subject: Re: Python (pkg) and Tkinter
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2000 17:58:14
> > $  pysol
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File "pysol.py", line 98, in ?
> >   File "/usr/pkg/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
> >     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
> > ImportError: /usr/pkg/lib/libtk80.so.1: Undefined PLT symbol
> > "XOpenDisplay" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 528)
> >
> > PySol cannot find the Tkinter Python libraries.
> > Please check your Python installation.
>
> You probably need to install x11/py-Tk.

I tried this.  (re)building py-Tk caused pysol to be rebuilt.  I still get
the same error when I try to run pysol.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

With XFree86 3.3.6 (as-shipped with NetBSD), it seems to correctly
configure Tkinter (e.g., pysol runs).  So, it appears now to be a problem
with the way that the package builds under XFree86 4.0.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu