Subject: Your mail
To: saeder <redeas@hotmail.com>
From: None <Federico_Lupi@mail.datasys.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2000 09:28:48
On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 02:06:32PM -0500, saeder wrote:
> i'm using an ibm tokenring nic that is supported, but i can't get it to =
> "initialize" i've been swapping card settings, in factory defaults i get
=
> a nasty error causing a panic due to a supervisor mode or something like
=
> that... i'm soooo lost any help would be greatly appriciated.

I also had problems configuring the token ring card; now it works thanks
to the great help from Claus Andersen.  You can find the posts in the
port-i386 mailing list (month of May).  In the end I configured the IBM
Turbo 16/4 in Auto 16/4 emulation mode and ...

: With LANAIDC I used:
:    /fast=auto16
: and then
:    /config=locked /ramsize=8
: (it doesn't work without /ramsize=8)
:
: The network setup of sysinst failed but manual configuration
: of the network worked.

Regards,

Federico Lupi