Subject: Re: Troubles in 1.5_ALPHA2/i386
To: Martin Cernohorsky <cerno@ics.muni.cz>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/17/2000 16:02:06
On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 11:06:05PM +0200, Martin Cernohorsky wrote:

> Dear NetBSDers,
>
> I've experiencing problem going to multi user mode in 1.5_ALPHA2.
> on i386.  After booting the machine silently drops into single user
> mode.  When the single user shell is terminated, no /etc/rc is run

There is a problem with the 1.5_ALPHA2 binary sets which have been put on the
ftp server: they contain a init binary which is compiled for the install
floppy (multiuser mode support is removed on the install floppy, to save
space). The /sbin/init from the 1.5_ALPHA base.tgz is correct. I also noticed
new binaries have been uploaded in 1.5_ALPHA2/i386, so the problem is
likely fixed here as well.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>