Subject: Troubles in 1.5_ALPHA2/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Cernohorsky <cerno@ics.muni.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2000 23:06:05
Dear NetBSDers,

I've experiencing problem going to multi user mode in 1.5_ALPHA2.
on i386.  After booting the machine silently drops into single user
mode.  When the single user shell is terminated, no /etc/rc is run
and new single user mode shell is started. (And yes, I have
rc_configured==YES.) I've also realized that the init stuff now
looks somehow SYSVish, but if I understand this correctly, there
is no /etc/inittab (hopefully :-) How do I tell /sbin/init to change
its state?

Additional information: I have
unpacked the 1.5_ALPHA2 distribution to wd1a partition and I'm
booting it using 1.4.2 /boot on wd0a (I have limited physical access
to the machine so I can't extensively manipulate with bootblocks
or hardware setup of the machine in question). Can it be related
to the above described behaviour?

Please help...

							-cerno