Subject: Re: SACK for NetBSD1.4
To: "Ishtiaq Ahmed" <ishtiaq@tolkien.sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/2000 08:05:41
ishtiaq@ais.sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp ("Ishtiaq Ahmed") writes:
> Thanks for ur mail. I have just copied some lines written below along with
> URL address betwwen the dotted lines.
> -------------
> http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/changes-1.4.html#net
> Significant changes from NetBSD 1.3 to 1.4
> add new TCP input reassembly code as a stepping stone to implementing SACK
> (RFC2018). [matt 19980429]

i.e., "this doesn't implement SACK, but would help to implement SACK
when somebody gets around to it."

> Apply/merge/adapt the NEWRENO parts of the UCSB SACK/FACK/NEWRENO diffs of
> BSDI's 3.0 netinet to NetBSD. [unknown 19981005]

i.e., "merge the NEWRENO parts of the SACK/FACK/NEWRENO diffs -- and
say nothing of, i.e. do not merge, the SACK/FACK diffs."

NetBSD has never had SACK support built in.  You are misreading the
change log information.