Subject: Tset -s and -S?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/14/2000 17:03:17
I've been fooling around with termcap stuff lately somewhat and run into -
not a problem, but a bug of some sort.

tset -s <term> is supposed to print to standard output the commands
required to set the shell term environement variables TERM and TERMCAP
etc.

It does however nothing. Nothing is printed. Strangely then, I tried

tset -s <term> >testfile

and then it did print the commands to testfile. In .login script there
is eval `tset -s<other options...>` but that does nothing, too.
I tried also:

tset -s <term> | cat

But that did nothing either. So why does only the redirection to file
manage to get the commands? Is this a bug or some obscure feature?

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi