Subject: Re: Increased nr of partitions ?
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2000 21:42:32
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> I must admit my ignorance.  But, I thought that FreeBSD runs on other
> architectures than just i386, and so (naively) thought that they might be
> using the same scheme for them also.  How does FreeBSD handle this in case
> of non-i386 architectures ?  Same as NetBSD ?

	I believe FreeBSD runs on recent alphas, which probably understand
	MBR partitioning - (I could be very wrong in that). It would be
	interesting to see how they handle other architectures with
	radically different disklabel characteristics (like early alphas
	or sun sparc systems)

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --