Subject: Re: NetBSD support for Quantum QMP20500LM-A
To: Don Phillips <don+nav@resun.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/04/2000 02:02:42
On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Don Phillips wrote:
> I was reading the 'supported hardware' page for the PCI bus, and
> couldn't
> determine whether or not the Quantum QMP2050LM-A (A.K.A. Fireball)
> was supported using the onboard IDE controller.

The Quantum isn't a PCI bus device, so it's not gonna be listed on the
supported hardware page for the PCI bus :) I don't have any personal
experience with the Fireball, but all IDE hard drives should be
supported <http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/ata.html>. Now whether or not
the onboard IDE controller is supported depends on what that controller
is, and what it's onboard of. Since you mention the PCI bus, I assume
it's a PCI IDE controller, in which case it's almost certainly
supported. (However, if you mean the onboard IDE controller of a
Macintosh Quadra 630, that's not supported :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++