Subject: Re: history: lites
To: Chuck Cranor <chuck@xxx.research.att.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2000 12:38:50
On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Chuck Cranor wrote:
> In article <Pine.OSF.4.10.10008220643190.29659-100000@maestro.eecs.ukans.edu>,
> Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu> wrote:
> >Incidental: What are the odds that we can get Chuck Cranor's dissertation
> >into the NetBSD distribution as supplementary documentation?  If he is
> >willing, and there are no legal barriers, then I would like to see it
> >there.
>
> hi-
>
>     i don't have any objections to putting the postscript file or
> a pointer to it in the distribution.  the problem is that there
> is no easy way to access it with the default set of tools that come

Hi, back.

Ooops.  Yeah, I had overlooked that.  Still, it'd be nice to see it
included or referenced.

Perhaps it could be distributed via pkgsrc---say ...[pkgsrc]/doc/uvm/---so
that grabbing the document would be as easy as ``cd .../doc/uvm && make
update''.  (Other supplementary documents could be placed there, too,
giving a centralized place to go for such documents.)

> >(Chuck, are you reading this?  (^&)
>
>     actually, i've been off almost all mailing lists for most of the
> summer due to the death of the mail-news gateway at ccrc.wustl.edu that

Ouch.  My condolences to the bereaved.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu