Subject: News Server
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Guthrie <Scott.Guthrie@mis-inc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/2000 13:56:51
Hello,

I have requested info previously about newsgroup software, and did get a
helpful response, however I'm not sure newsgroup software (e.g. INN) is what
I need to accomplish the following:

I would like to have staff at my site be able to follow message threads,
such as the following example from deja.com:

http://x67.deja.com/topics_ct.xp?search=next&offset=25&CONTEXT=962128116.210
5868357

Are these "Forums" the same thing as newsgroups?  Or should I be looking at
another type of software?

In Addition, I would like to present these to the user through a browser, as
opposed to a newsgroup reader.  Do I need more that just the newsgroup
software??  Or will "INN" pull out the messages, and organize into a
hierarchical structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Guthrie