Subject: Network adapter support
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, i386-port@netbsd.org>
From: Lets Go Canes! <LetsGoCanes@webmail.bellsouth.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/2000 12:44:23
Hi all.

     I've been playing around with NetBSD on an old laptop.  The only network adapter this laptop has is a Xircom parallel-to-Ethernet adapter.  Is there any hope of using this?

     I will also be installing NetBSD on a newer laptop in the not-too-distant future.  This laptop uses a Proxim Symphony Wireless network card (PCMCIA).  Again, is there a driver that should work with this card?

     Neither of these systems *have* to be network enabled, but it would be convenient if I could get them on the net.  Any help appreciated.

Let's Go Canes!