Subject: Re: [Re: configuration list]
To: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/2000 11:30:01
According to Petra Hofmann:

>Thank you.  To me the problem with the documentation is that it assumes to
>much.  (My problem)

No, not really your problem - this is the fault of the documentation.
The problem is that the people who write the documentation, and I
include myself in this, fall into the habit of believing that
_everyone_ knows about /etc/hosts or ifconfig or something.  This is
not really the case.  If you would really like to help the NetBSD
cause you could write down what you did to get a working system going
and what caused you grief.  We could then use this as a starting
document for a Win32 to NetBSD transition guide or something of that
nature.  If you (or anyone else out there who has had the same
struggle) can just give me the basic words I can massage it into a
document to be put onto the NetBSD web pages so we can at least start
solving the problem.