Subject: Re: Network Conn Cont'd
To: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/23/2000 12:41:24
At 01:11 PM 6/23/00 +0200, Technolord wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Robert Elz wrote:
>
>...couldn't he just need a ifconfig ex0 media ?

Or something similar - for instance, are things still working if you reboot
with another OS? Or is it possible there is something wrong with the cabling.

If you're thinking there is no IP, try doing a tcpdump without specifying
protocol, and also specify -n so that tcpdump doesn't hang while trying to
resolve any IP addresses that it might see (which can sometimes lead to an
appearance of no IP traffic, when actually there is some):

	tcpdump -i ex0 -n

If there is still no traffic displayed, you have either a
cabling/hub/router problem, or as Technolord proposes, the media setting is
incorrect for your card (although I've never had to manually set the media
type for my 3c905 card). Or possibly there is some problem with the driver.