Subject: Re: [Re: Network connection ]
To: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/23/2000 04:14:06
    Date:        22 Jun 00 13:02:59 CDT
    From:        Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>

  | Sorry to repeat myself.  I didn't think all that many paid attention.

No, that's OK - I kind of suspect that lots of people have never
heard of Vines networks (not that they are missing anything), and
so missed the possibility of there simply being no IP going past
your box.  These days that is a very rare environment.  NetBSD
supports quite a few obsolete networking protocols (and even includes
them in GENERIC kernels for some obscure reason), but Vines isn't one.

  | Do you have comments about a parallel network?

Just that it works fine...  We used to run Vines here (my involvement
was limited to sticking "vines routing" or something like that in a
cisco router config, so I can't help with anything related to that), we
certainly always ran IP in parallel.  It all should just work (provided
your local router supports IP, and you can convince whoever runs it to
allow IP though).

kre