Subject: Network connection
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2000 09:53:52
Next step is to configure the NIC.  The 3c905B is recognized and the LAN
Switch it is connected to sees the NIC momentarily during the bootup. =

However, dhcp searches and doesn't find a connection.

My system is a Vines network and is connected by LanSw and router to the =
HO
via FR and intranet.  All my w9x & NT boxes use dhcp server (ofcourse) to=

assign 10.x.x.x and def mask (all 1s) along with the dns server ip addr. =
 As
user has access to the internet after bootup with logon to the vines serv=
er or
the intrAnet.  Myl users don't have local names or domain to make the int=
ernet
connection.

Issue:  I have tried setting the local router addr as asked for by rc.con=
which doesn't work.  What other config considerations need I try?  Should=
 the
local ip addr be set to the dns server ip addr?

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1