Subject: Re: [Re: mount cdrom]
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2000 09:42:26
Got it working.  Thank you.  I am beginning to understand how this system=

works.  It makes sense that the cd needs to be in the drive!  Logic?  Any=
 way
the -o and ro were the recommended parameters in the NetBSD docs so I use=
them.

Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au> wrote:
> Dr. Rene Hexel wrote
> > Petra Hofmann wrote:
> > =

> > > mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom  :Operation not supported by=

device
> > =

> >   I get this error whenever I try to mount my ATAPI CD-ROM without a =
CD
> > inserted.  Try inserting a CD first (and wait for the drive to spin u=
p,
> > just to make sure it's ready).
> > =

> =

> ... or a CD with a filesystem other than iso9660.
> =

> BTW: Is there any reason for the -o ro option? Since a CDROM is always
> read only its use here seem to be a bit of paranoia. It works perfectly=

> without it on alpha and i386 platforms.
> =

> cheerio Berndt
> -- =

> Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +=
++
> E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
> ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Austral=
ia =

vk5abn@vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.au.oc

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1