Subject: Upgraded to 1.4Z/i386 (some problems...)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/21/2000 14:24:02
Hi.
I've spent the last days tring to make 2 machines running with 1.4Z.
I had lots of good feelings (bugfixes, stability), but also some
problems. Here they are:

- On a PC with an hercules (I guess that's the cause?) wscons can't
allocate other screens (cannot allocate memory). Any way around that
apart installing screen?
- On any PC, screenblank tells cannot attach to wskbd0: device busy or
something close to that. I'm using the GENERIC kernel (until I find
where are the sources for 1.4Z!)
- amd.conf(5) man page does not exist :-P
- Is there a way to reduce NFS network accesses to a real minimum
(havily caching)?
- Has anyone had luck in using the NFS -current server? It hangs my
machine when I try to mount it...

Thanks for the help...