Subject: Hot Dog!!!
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2000 14:48:39
FINALLY,

I changed mice and viola! All is working now!  Thank you all so much for =
your
patience and information.

So now to the next step.  I have 3 windows, xterm, econsole and xclock.  =
Here
is a list of what I need to have happen next.
1.  configure the 3c905 to log on to network.  dhcp is starting as client=
=2E
2.  Print to networked HP 4050tn.  I'm hoping I can config the spooler to=
 send
tcp/ip packets to the Extreme Networks vines print server.
3.  Install GCC+ so I can start writing my programs with the compiler.
4.  Figure out where the pkgsrc file is as the cdrom from Bob Nestor is
supposed to have complete set of packages on it.

Hope this wasn't too long for the group.  Petra

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2036 at 04:51:14PM -0500, Petra Hofmann wrote:
> > I have solved a few of the issues.  I set console security to off.  a=
dded
> > user (petrah) and I thought created an su at the same time.  Apparent=
ly
that
> > is not the case though.  When I long on to xterm as root and then try=
su
> > petrah I get a no file msg.  Clearly I missed something.
> =

> I guess the shell or the home directory doesn't exist.
> =

> > =

> > The mouse is still inop still not sure why.  It is a PS/2 that worked=
 in
win95
> > but the connector uses a db9 to conn to the comm1 serial port.
> =

> Do you have a PS/2 connector on this machine ?
> Otherwise try to get another mouse, it's possible that this one isn't
handled
> by XFree when connected to a serial port.
> =

> > =

> > I've never seen an exterm window prior to this.  Am I supposed to hav=
Icon as
> > in Linux or do I use the command line?
> =

> This depends on the window manager you use. By default it's twm I think=
,
which

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1