Subject: Re: Installation of 1.4.2
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <openzero@bsdmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2000 19:19:37
> HI!
> I downloaded the kame-20000425-netbsd142-stable
> kit, and tried to install netbsd 1.4.2, but at everytime it fails under different circumstances.
>
> Sometimes, after doing the filesystems, the installation script cannot mount the partitions.
> But almost at everytime, it says, something about
> illegial bootblocks, so the installation aborts!
>
> What's wrong with my hardrive!

> thanx.... Daniel

No.... sorry!
Not at this time!
I can try to install NetBSD, and then reinstall FreeBSD to end you this messages, but then I will lose
all my data!!!!

I remember, that I tried to install these block manulay with "installboot" or so ....
but at every time the same message!

"illegal bootblocks...."

(In the install-window (yellow font), blinks "failed")

Daniel......