Subject: Re: [Re: Configuration Cont'd]
To: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2000 19:22:06
On Sun, Jul 27, 2036 at 04:51:14PM -0500, Petra Hofmann wrote:
> I have solved a few of the issues.  I set console security to off.  added a
> user (petrah) and I thought created an su at the same time.  Apparently that
> is not the case though.  When I long on to xterm as root and then try to su
> petrah I get a no file msg.  Clearly I missed something.

I guess the shell or the home directory doesn't exist.

> The mouse is still inop still not sure why.  It is a PS/2 that worked in win95
> but the connector uses a db9 to conn to the comm1 serial port.

Do you have a PS/2 connector on this machine ?
Otherwise try to get another mouse, it's possible that this one isn't handled
by XFree when connected to a serial port.

> I've never seen an exterm window prior to this.  Am I supposed to have Icon as
> in Linux or do I use the command line?

This depends on the window manager you use. By default it's twm I think, which
is very basic. You may want to install a fancier one from the package
collection, there's plenty !