Subject: Re: CLI Msg
To: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2000 22:20:51
On Sat, Jul 26, 2036 at 09:20:07PM -0500, Petra Hofmann wrote:
> For some reason the console sends a msg that the previous command has repeated
> x times.  What did I do and how do I correct this problem?

I suspect this is "previous message", not "previous command".
System messages are handled by the syslog daemon. Depending on message class
and config file, message goes to console, or in a file (or both).
When the same message comes in several time syslog prints it only one and
then count how many time it got the same message, and print this count from
time to time.
What's intereting here is which message this was, I suspect something like
"login: 4 LOGIN FAILURES ON ttyE1" :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>