Subject: logon and Configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2000 13:24:19
Many thanks to Andrew, Brett, Frank, Manuel and others.  I think I am alm=
ost
there!

The only msg coming up on #startx is: Cannot open mouse (No such file or
Directory)

Here is what i've tried in /etc/XF86Config   =

   1. pointer section
      Protocol "wsmouse"
      Device "/dev/mouse0"   This returned can't configure mouse.

   2. pointer section
      Protocol "busmouse"
      Device " /dev/pms0"   Ret can't configure mouse.

   3. Protocol "busmouse"    (also BusMouse)
             " /dev/mse0"   Ret no such file.

   4. Protocol "Microsoft"
              " /dev/ttyd0"  Ret no such file.

So you can see I still don't know what I am doing.  However, I've read th=
FReeBSD Hdbk.  It helped but not enough.

What should I try now.

Petra           =

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1