Subject: Re: problem connecting my netbsd i386 to my isp !!!
To: Richard PLOIX <richard.ploix@fr.adp.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/2000 09:54:46
At 6:09 PM +0200 6/15/00, Richard PLOIX wrote:
>hello,
>1st problem with pppd call domain:
>the problem is always the same.
>the logfile says : pppd[xxx]: tcsetattrs, invalid arguments.
>N.B.: there is no numerotation.
>
>2nd problem with kppp:
>so, I try again with kppp, and this time I have a link with internet.
>but, when I try make a ftp with ftp.netbsd.org(for example),
>ftp say to me : host unknowed.
>it the same thing with netscape and www.netbsd.org.
>oh, I don't arrive to make a @ char under netscape-setting.
>I think that the config of kppp is no good, but i don't understand what.
>
>thank's for help.

I don't think tech-net is the right list for this query, but anyway:

"host unknown" means there is a problem with the DNS system, not with
ppp.  (Don't know why pppd didn't work for you.  I had no problems
once I finished digesting all the man pages.)  To fix it you most
likely need to put the right entries into /etc/resolv.conf  Something
like:

search abc.com
nameserver 1.2.3.4
nameserver 1.2.3.5

Depends on what your ISP says their DNS servers are.