Subject: Re: [Re: logon]
To: AnorEXia , Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2000 08:12:08
I was able to logon as root at the #.  After config Xterm the term logon =
box
comes up but does not recognize the root and password.  I have no idea wh=
at
logon and password it is expecting.

Furthermore, I have yet to get the mouse and keyboard to function properl=
y. =

The online help shows some mouse and configuration statements but is not =
clear
where these are located.

AnorEXia <anorexia@telkom.net> wrote:
> What do you mean by 'can't logon' ?
> You mean the ttys don't work or that the kernel recuses to work?
> =

> Anyways, you should build a boot floppy and mount the netbsd part.
> togetter with a netbsd generic kern, then you should copy it as, e.g.,
> netbsd.gen and in the boot, press esc and wd0a:netbsd.gen(suppose)
> =

> My little 2 cents
> =

> :)
> =

> AnorEXia
> =

> On 12 Jun 2000, Petra Hofmann wrote:
> =

> > Date: 12 Jun 00 16:14:52 CDT
> > From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
> > To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org
> > Subject: logon
> > =

> > I can't believe it.  Now that I finally have the wscons config and wo=
rking

 =

> > However, at this time being able to logon is more important.
> > =

> > Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?=
N=3D1