Subject: Re: [Re: New Xserver]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Petra Hofmann <petra_lynn@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2000 06:45:30
I have received several comments to re-compile the kernel.  However, not =
only
am I new to NetBSD I'm new to unix in general.  Re-compiling 1.4.2 in a s=
ystem
I've yet to get functioning properly is scary to say the least.  I hope t=
here
may be other solutions, i.e. different mouse, that I may use until I lear=
more about what I'm doing.  I plan on taking a UNIX class but can't get u=
ntil
the Fall term.  In the mean time I'll do my best to get this system to wo=
rk. =

Thank you for your patience.  Petra

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2036 at 09:57:49PM -0500, Petra Hofmann wrote:
> > So I installed NetBSD on a second box in my office.  Ran xf86Config a=
nd
config
> > monitor and mouse.  This time selected ms intelli-mouse.  Got the sam=
> > messages as previously on other box.  Only this time the monitor went=
color
> > and gave scan rates before crashing and going to black.
> > =

> > Msg is can't open mouse.  Am I to assume NetBSD can't MS Intelli-mous=
e? =

Or

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1