Subject: Kernel for LC475 with SONIC based LC card [mack68k]
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroyuki SATO <g4lc@holsten.mech.hirosaki-u.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2000 01:04:27
Hi, everyone.
I'm enjoying NETBSD on LC475 with replaced 68040 and SONIC based
LC ether-net card.

I tried the GENERIC kernels of 1.4, 1.41 and 1.42 on the machine,
and found they fail to boot when they access to the ether card.
The SONIC card is determined wrong as "ae0" by the kernels, while
it should be detected as "sn0".
The customized kernels of 1.4 and 1.4.1, which I build without device
description of "ae" in configuration, boot with LC card, but detected
MAC address is wrong and "ifconfig" fails on both kernels.

I found new sources for the device are available in 1.4.2, i.e.
"dev/if_sn.c" etc., but "cpp" complains during compilation and fails
to complete on 1.4.2.
How can I make customized kernel with 1.4.2 based source codes, or
which sources should be replaced for "sn"-device in 1.4.1 based
source codes?
Does anyone kindly build a kernel for LC475 with LC-card?

PS.
I've checked "http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html",
but the test kernel on the page is not served at present.  The kernel
"netbsd_PB550c_SONIC" detects "sn0", and MAC address is correctly
detected.  It fails, however, at "setting tty flags".

Regards,

Hiroyuki SATO