Subject: Using mount_nfs and mmap() together....
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/01/2000 16:15:45
We are trying to access the same file from two systems. Machine A physically
contains the file, while Machine B mount_nfs's the file from Machine A. When
we update the file on Machine A, we see the changes reflected on Machine B
(we used mount_nfs -q ...) if we access the file on machine B using open(),
lseek(), read(). However, if we try and access the file on Machine B by
doing an mmap(), we do not see the changes made on Machine A reflected on
Machine B.

Does anybody know what we need to do to maintain consistency of the mmap
across the nfs?

Thanks
 Bruce Martin