Subject: Re: printing?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Technolord <torellip@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 15:37:45
On Tue, 23 May 2000, Brett Lymn wrote:
> >Now the job gets queued, waits for <some minutes>, then says he's waiting
> >for the printer "to come up" and then (about 5 minutes from the enqueue to
> >the actual print) the paper comes out correctly :)
> Ummm was the printer in powersave mode?  That might have that effect
> otherwise, I cannot explain that behaviour.
I don't really know, the printer said it was in "ready" mode. The
subsequent print I did (using netscape, to test non-ps files) printed in
no time. I'll take it as a "up and working fine" response :)

> Don't be sorry - questions like you have is what netbsd-help is for.
Well, I'm going to make a small guide on how to resolve these problems
which are unanswered/unclear in the documentation... certainly not a
bible, but maybe userful for others like me? :)

> No, if the printer was PS only then you would not get anything out
> just printing text to it.
Actually, that was a .ps, I tried an html with images, I'll skip the plain
text and assume it works (or, "print it with netscape" response ;)

Thank you all!
(end of topic)