Subject: Re: ServeRAID in Net-BSD
To: Harri Ronkko <htr@kolumbus.fi>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/2000 06:50:33
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Harri Ronkko wrote:

>  I'm just wondering that has netbsd support for IBM ServeRAID-scsi
> contoroller?
>  And Can I use Netfinity's SMP-system..

Hello!

    I don't know of any support for IBM's RAID controllers in NetBSD (at
least not in 1.4.2...  -current may have support added that I'm not aware
of).

    1.4.2 will boot and run on the NetFinity systems IIRC - we have one
here that I booted about a week ago just for utility purposes (the big
black boxes, right?).  The SMP, however, won't work just as yet.  SMP is
still being worked on by the wizards...  NetBSD should run just fine on
the box, however, it will only be using the 1st [cough... 0th] processor.

Hope this helps,

-Jon
 "There is no fourth tower of Inverness!!!" -Meatball Fulton