Subject: NFS troubles
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2000 13:17:33
(1.4.1/i386, maybe in the new version it's fixed?)
I (or, better, my more expert roommate) have tried to get NFS up and
running, not troublelessly:
the aim was to export .30:/ (yes, the root :) and access everything
(also mounts) from the other drive.
The / gets mounted correctly, but not the other local mounts (i have a
.30:/e which is a mount point for wd0e, and the contents don't get seen
over NFS)

Also, trying to mount .30:/ without the mountd running on .30 caused the
entire (mounting) system to stand idle (no keyboard response, no network
interoperability... that is, stuck) even other terminals do nothing, no
even logins... I tried it n times (n belonging to N, n big enough ;)
with the same results... bug?
AND, if in the nsfd I do NOT specify -t and/or -u, no port is actually
opened. Wasn't expected behaviour to open udp port? Or, is it opened but
I misconfigured something? :-?

Thanks for the patience... (that's enough questions for today ;)
...and thanks for all the answers :)