Subject: File caching absent?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/28/2000 12:07:34
On my system (i386, 1.4.1) it looks like disk cache is absent:
installing packages can take very long, removing directories can take
even longer. du-ing twice takes 2x time.
I wonder: is this supposed behaviour or I'm missing some configuration
setting? Can I enable (at least read) file caching? If it is enabled,
why doesn't it give any (apparent) pro? Is this only to i386 port or
common to all other NetBSDs?

Thanks for the patience.

--
.-= tECHNOLORD tHE hELLRAiSER .-=
A shattered heart an empty soul Just one false move and it took its toll