Subject: Re: make build
To: None <alexander@frolkin.demon.co.uk>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/27/2000 11:00:57
According to Alexander Frolkin:

>Is there a better way to do it?

The way I do a source update on my laptop is I first build a kernel
for the laptop on my PPro/200 (~10 minutes on the PPro vs ~1hr on the
lapdog, makes it a tough choice ;-), copy the kerenl to the laptop and
reboot the laptop.  Then I do a make build on my PPro/200, then NFS
mount /usr/src to the laptop as /usr/src, do a make includes; make
install in /usr/src which updates the binaries on the laptop.  I
unmount /usr/src and then rsync the /usr/src source files across so
the machine is 100% up to date source wise.  If I feel motiviated I
update /etc but that is rare unless I am having problems :-)