Subject: root's .profile
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@merit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/2000 10:28:57
Hi,

I'm (after a several month absence) converting back to NetBSD
from M$ hell, and am trying to get up and running on current. I'm
sending this to help initially, because I don't think that it is
a current problem, but if I find out otherwise I'll repost
appropriately.

My question is this. I've switched root's shell from sh to ksh,
and would like to

set -o vi
set -o vi-tabcomplete

in the .profile. The vi-tabcomplete works fine, but the vi just
doesn't. I don't see any error messages generated, and the
.profile is definitely being included (I put in echos to
confirm). It just doesn't work. Any ideas? Is it for some reason
not supposed to work? Does anyone have this working on any
previous releases?

TIA,
Chris