Subject: Re: __LIBC12_SOURCE__
To: None <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Kostas Magoutis <magoutis@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/2000 18:24:31
   Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:24:05 +1100
   From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>

   On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:54:30 -0500 (EST)  Kostas Magoutis wrote:

   > I run NetBSD 1.4.1 on i386 and have a problem trying to build programs
   > that use system calls such as vfork that unistd.h renames to vfork14
   > (since __LIBC12_SOURCE__ is not defined) that is undefined. Is there a
   > workaround?

   No workaround should be required; it is supposed to all "just work".

   Can you post a snippet of code and the command line you use to
   compile?

The following code, call it test.c,

#include <unistd.h>

main()
{
        int p;

        p = vfork();
}

compiled using gcc -D__ELF__ test.c results in

Undefined symbol `__vfork14' referenced from text segment

Compiling without the __ELF__ links okay.

Kostas