Subject: Re: 2 stop-bits and 8 data bits?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2000 15:06:29
> From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>

> Most hardware has a way to select 1 or 2 stop bits (2 is useful only when
> you're transmitting to some absurdly ancient, and usually entirely wired,
> that is, no processor, equipment that needs that extra gap to function).
> Sometimes 1.5 stop bits can be manufactured as well, one way or another.

I have to talk to some very primitive hardware that seems to need some more
gap than one stop bit to work properly. Using termios is no option because
the NeXT OS (4.2 on an P-III/500) has only the old interface. Later after all
of the programs work, I port it to NetBSD/i386.

I need 19200 Baud, 8 Databits and 2 Stop Bits.

Any ideas? Back in the old days there was even more braindeath hardware than
today or not?

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION