Subject: Re: 2 stop-bits and 8 data bits?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2000 06:09:39
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, David Wetzel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I set 2 stop-bits and 8 data bits with sgttyb?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can.  You'd need to
go with 7 data, 2 stop.  The 8th data bit "robs" the space of the 2nd stop
bit (and a parity bit, if IIRC).  That's why you see a lot of 7,E,1 and
7,O,1, but rarely [never] 7,O,2 or 8,E,1.

But someone please trample me if I'm not remembering clearly ;-)

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...