Subject: Re: Help with PC (PCMCIA) Cards
To: Leonard Sitongia <sitongia@uswest.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/2000 14:18:57
According to Leonard Sitongia:

>Sorry to bother the list, but I can't find help in FAQs or searching
>the net.  I'm trying netBSD (1.4.1) on a couple of laptops, and hot
>swapping PC Cards doesn't work.

Hot swapping of pcmcia cards does not work correctly in 1.4.1, you
need to be running -current to make this work.  On -current the hot
swap is very sweeeet :-)

>.  One card is a Linksys 10base T/2 card.  If
>the system is booted with the card it, it seems to find it and then
>say something like "where did ne0 go?".

Yes, I have seen that one.  Make a note of the device & function that
the card is coming up on.  Build a kernel config with ne0 tied to the
correct pcmcia bus and function and that message will go away at this
point your network card should work.  Again, this seems to be fixed in
-current.