Subject: Re: Splitting sync on green signal
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/06/2000 17:14:34
According to John A. Maier:

>No, the pin out was easy, it finding information on spliting the H sync
>and V sync off of the green signal.  So I can use a standard VGA monitor
>on a computer that's video is a sync on green output.

Ummm - ISTR when you have a composite G+Sync that the sync pulses are
inverted and then mixed with the G signal (i.e G signal is +ve
voltage, sync is -ve voltage).  I _think_ all you need is a diode to
pick of the negative going pulses and, perhaps, an inverter (prolly a
pnp transistor + resistor network, or maybe just an opto-coupler
around the right way ...) to feed the inverted pulses back into the
monitor.  You may even be able to get away with feeding the split sync
straight in depending on the monitor - a close look at the monitor
specs should give you a clue if you can or not.  A CRO on the G signal
should show you what the sync pulses look like.