Subject: Re: Problems installing NetBSD
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2000 20:57:05
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:58:41PM +0100, Torbjörn Lindquist wrote:
> > Hi, I just bought a 20.5 MB IBM Deskstar HD for my P200 to install NetBSD
> > in. The problem is it doesn't want to format the HD at all. When using
> > sysinst to format the HD and install I get the following error:
> >
> > pciide1:0:0: lost interrupt
> >      type: ata
> >      c_bcount: 512
> >      c_skip: 0
> > pciide1:0:0: device timeout, c_bcount=512, c_skip0
> > wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
> >
> > When it has found one disk.
> > Later when I have set up the partition and the formating is going to start
> > it says
> >
> > Setting up the DOS partition table ...
> > pciide1:0:0: timeout waiting for DRQ, st=0xd0, err=0x00
> > wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
>
> Is this the complete error message ? Do you have other devices on the
> same IDE channel ? What IDE controller is it (the kernel should say it) ?

It is the complete messages, except for the fact that it is repetead a
couple of times.

I have tried both with and without my 300 Mb maxtor disk at the same time.
The maxtor doesn't have any problem with boting up and being used.

I have big trouble with my floppy to now, but it seems to work in my 486,
so I don't realy know what to do. I havn't found any info on what
ide-controller.

/Linkan

http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~linkan/
ICQ# 6626106