Subject: Re: Splitting sync on green signal
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/2000 16:13:11
"John A. Maier" <johnam@kemper.org>  wrote:

 > > so, like, go to 'www.google.com', type "vga connector
 > > pinout", click on
 > > anyone of the first 100 hits.
 > >

 > Thanks for the help but this is turning into a search for the Holy Grail
 > and I am King Arthur...(insert Monty Pyton skit).

Fine. I'll just do the web search for you.

go to www.google.com,
type "vga connector pinout"   (since that's what you wanted)
click on the very first hit which is:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/1236/pinconvid_vga_vesa_ddc.htm

   Pin Name Dir Description
     1 RED OUT Red Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
     2 GREEN OUT Green Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
     3 BLUE OUT Blue Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
     4 RES - Reserved
     5 GND ------ Ground
     6 RGND ------ Red Ground
     7 GGND ------ Green Ground
     8 BGND ------ Blue Ground
     9 +5V OUT +5 VDC
     10 SGND ------ Sync Ground
     11 ID0 IN Monitor ID Bit 0 (optional)
     12 SDA IN/OUT DDC Serial Data Line
     13 HSYNC or CSYNC OUT Horizontal Sync (or Composite Sync)
     14 VSYNC OUT Vertical Sync
     15 SCL IN/OUT DDC Data Clock Line

Now, that was hardly a search for the Holy Grail.