Subject: Again: problems configuring NAT
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Purrcat <purrcat@francine.edoropolis.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/2000 16:40:49
Hi,

I recently posted a message here, stating I got weird problems with NAT.

I asked a friend of mine (who also owns an Alpha, practically the same
config as I have) to make me a kernel; I copied it to my alpha and rebooted
the system; this time NAT *did* work.. I then compiled the kernel on my
machine with the same configuration as he did on his machine (I added kernel
support for QUOTAs though), and yet again, NAT didn't work (same old ioctl
errors). He compiled the kernel without the "options PFIL_HOOKS" with success
(NAT works) while the manpages say one *must* compile in PFIL_HOOKS in order
to make NAT work.

I'm really puzzled right now; what could cause a kernel compilation to be
different? Isn't a "make clean" before you type "make depend" and "make"
or "rm -r /sys/arch/alpha/compile/FRANCINE/" (name of the kernel) enough?

-- Khamba Staring